We are now all familiar with the concept of the 4 C’s and their importance in preparing students for the future. As educators, we need to look for examples of how teachers are facilitating these skills every day.Here is an activity recorded in gym today that shows how students in primary and junior can communicate and collaborate together to learn a new skill and at the same time cooperate in the use of precious gym time!
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes and intentions
- Use communication for a range of purposes (e.g. to inform, instruct, motivate and persuade)
- Utilize multiple media and technologies, and know how to judge their effectiveness a priori as well as assess their impact
- Communicate effectively in diverse environments (including multi-lingual)
Collaborate with Others
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Exercise flexibility and willingness to be helpful in making necessary compromises to accomplish a common goal
- Assume shared responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
Our grade 5’s working collaboratively with the grade 1 and 2 students.