I’m hoping to try something different at our next teacher PD session. Our PLNs are essential. We have used them for the past three years. Our teachers meet in grade or subject-based groups and plan their learning throughout the year. At our upcoming consolidation session, we are going to attempt our first ‘blogging party’.
Rather than have the teachers present their findings orally, we are going to ask them to create a blog so that they can share their learning with the world!
To make this a bit easier, we are planning to teach them how to create a simple blog. Audience is everything, we really want our teachers to share their great work with professionals around the world.
Our blogging party will be May 2nd. We will post using the hash tags #ocsb and #bloggingparty. Please comment, this will be a great motivator for our teachers!!
DGM Triad Evidence of Learning Document
Tell your story or someone will tell it for you
How to set up your blog
1. Go to https://www.blogger.com – you all have a blogger account as one of your Google tools. Take a look at this OCSB Teacher blog run through Learning Connections – http://ocsblc.blogspot.ca/
2. Click on the ‘new blog’ button on your dashboard. You will then see a collection of templates to choose from. You will also be prompted to choose a title for your triad blog. Try something catchy! Remember, ultimately your blog may be read around the world!! Your will also get your address – please bookmark this! (good time to try Symbaloo) Don’t worry if you have to come up with a temporary address to move on, your can change it in Settings after – your address is important, you want something as simple as possible – I am using triaddgmjunior.blogspot.com
3. That’s it! You have a name, a template you are ready for your first post!
4. The rest is just a matter of trial and (a bit of) error!
5. Try to set your blog up now!!
2 thoughts on “Our first Blogging Party!”
This sounds like a great idea! Looking forward to reading the blogs!!