University of Ottawa: Teacher Education Program
“ Minds on Learning for a Digital Age”
September 16 & 17, 2016
Call to Presenters
The Teacher Education Program at the University of Ottawa are thrilled to host two days of professional learning that are focused on three goals: Learning, Sharing, and Connecting for a Digital Age.
- Friday, September 16, 2016- 8:30 am -3:30 pm– Professional Learning for Lead Associate Teachers and teacher candidates.
- Friday, September 16, 2016- 5:30-7:30 pm– Ignite Event
- Saturday, September 17, 2016- 8:30 am -3:30 pm– Day of Discovery presented by Discovery Education
We would like to invite you to lead or host a 45 minute-long workshop, presentation, hands on activity or demonstration at the upcoming professional learning event on September 16 and 17, 2016. As a presenter, you will work with groups of educators to explore and share ways to integrate digital media and technology tools into the curriculum and classroom. You might share how you integrate digital media resources into your lessons, share a favorite project or app or anything else you think our attendees would be interested to learn about (like digital citizenship, STEM, Coding…). Your workshop could be done individually, in teams, or in coordination with a community organization.
If you are interested, please submit a brief proposal for your presentation by May 31, 2016, by sending an email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name, association, and contact information
- A short description of the workshop/breakout session you would like to present
- The teacher division most appropriate for your workshop (Primary/Junior, Junior/Intermediate, Intermediate/Senior, or all)
- The number of participants will be capped at 30 participants
- Your technology/room requirements (laptop, smart board, projector, etc)
- Your availability: (please list all that apply)
- September 16, 2016- morning or afternoon or both
- September 16, 2016– Ignite Event
- September 17, 2016– morning or afternoon or both
If you are interested in presenting at the Day of Discovery event could you also register at Day of Discovery
For more information, please contact the symposium planning committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you.
Have a great day.
Directrice adjointe, Assistant Director
Faculté d’éducation/ Faculty of Education
Tél. | Tel. : 613-562-5800 (4149)
Téléc | Fax : 613-562-5354
145, Jean-Jacques-Lussier (341)
Ottawa ON Canada K1N 6N5